Quite excited to be kicking off our new night, Put In Werk with Patricia tomorrow night in NYC.
This Wednesday I’ll be playing with my friend Heathered Pearls and the excellent Patricia from Opal Tapes and new White Material artist Alvin Aronson. This will be the first installment of the Put In Werk series at Panther Room in Brooklyn.
Ghostly staffer and drip.fm co-founder Miguel Senquiz drops a set of late night / early morning cuts for smoky, sweaty dance floors.
follow him @htmiguel
Artwork by Will Calcutt
1. Kyle Hall // Untitled // Wild Oats
2. Theo Parrish // I Can Take It // Sound Signature
3. Point G // Underwater // Apallonia
4. Jorge Zamacona // Effort #3 // Mosaic
5. Galcher Lustwerk // Tape 22 // White Material
6. Kyle Hall // Crushed // Wild Oats
7. Young Male // Depraved Thought in a Depraved Time // White Material
8. Lapien // Indifference // Soul People Music
9. Marcellis // A1 // Workshop 16
10. Prince of Denmark // Cut 02 // Forum
11. Mr. Tophat & Art Alphie // Marlboro Light (GW Remix) // Karlovack
12. Smallpeople // And You And You // Smallville
13. Hector // Haunted // Tsuba
14. Deetroit // Feeels // Uknown Deetroit
15. [Ø] Phase // The Bwiti Initiate // Token
16. Truncate // Bipolar // 50 Weapons
17. Florian Kupfer // Feelin’ (Dubb Micx) // L.I.E.S.
18. Juxta-Position // Mercy // Mistress
19. Galcher Lustwerk // Capabilities Survey // White Material
20. Magic Mountain High // Riptide // Off Minor
How Splice Works
Splice is currently in a private beta as we work out some kinks and collaborate with artists to make sure we’re building the best platform possible. While we work on getting Splice ready for prime time, we wanted to share some information about how exactly Splice works.
The Splice client automatically backs up your Ableton Live projects to the cloud every time you hit “save.”
Splice includes a downloadable client application, which integrates with your existing tools (currently Ableton Live 8 and 9) and workflow to seamlessly and automatically sync your work with the cloud, accessible from splice.com. Once you’ve installed the Splice client, we automatically create a “Splice” folder where you can save your Ableton Live projects. Once you’ve saved a project into that folder, keeping your work fully backed up is as easy as hitting “save.” Your entire project, including any audio samples, is securely copied to Splice’s servers.
Benji B and Madlib talk indepth about Quasimoto, the latest Madvillain happenings alongside Doom and some treasured memories of J Dilla.
Hear an exclusive mix from Madlib here: http://bbc.in/r1benjib
Classic Chicago House.
SO THIS IS A MIX THAT AIRED IN THE MID 1980′S ON CHICAGO’S WBMX. THE SHOW WAS THE ‘SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE AIN’T NO JIVE DANCE PARTY.’ THE HOT MIX 5 WERE THE MAIN DJ’S BUT EVERY WEEK THEY PUT ON A GUEST DJ. ROBERT ROJO AND MYSELF WERE GUESTS OF RALPHI ROSARIO ON THIS NIGHT. THE FIRST HOUR OF THE MIX IS FROM ROBERT AND THE LAST HOUR IS MINE. IT’S SUCH A GREAT TREAT TO HAVE UNCOVERED THIS LONG LOST REEL-TO-REEL TAPE IN MY PARTNER MIGUEL GARCIA’S BASEMENT AND BE ABLE TO HEAR ALL THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DANCE MUSIC WE WERE PLAYING ON THE RADIO BACK THEN. I MEAN, NO ONE ELSE WAS GIVING AIRTIME TO DANCE RECORDS, NOT TO MENTION IMPORT DANCE RECORDS FROM EUROPE. A LOT OF THE TRACKS YOU’LL HEAR WERE ‘ONLY’ PLAYED DURING THE MIX SHOWS OR IN THE NIGHTCLUBS OF THE TIME. ENJOY.”
At Quotidian Ventures, we are making a bet on entrepreneurs who know their industry, but don’t necessarily know the rules of the startup game or how to code. If you have a great business idea, but don’t know jack about the startup world and want to hear from some of the people who have made the transition, you should seriously consider attending this one day conference. It will be a good time.
Reblogging this. You guys should definitely come. Register here.
Gold Panda at Webster Hall