The Insiders Guide to Hard Wax
“A big part of who I am and where I am is carried by Hard Wax. Beside Berghain it was my school and is still my teacher.” - Marcel Dettmann
“Hard Wax is in a way, an institution for many people - for its role of ‘style-forming’ and ‘trend-setting’.” - Milton Bradley
“Hard Wax was not only my perfect student job but an important source for quality music. I consider Torsten and Sascha to be the earliest supporters of Ancient Methods and the most enjoyable colloquists about music.” - Ancient Methods
Resident Advisor documentary about the dance music scene in NYC
Order “The Ways We Separate” in The Ghostly Store:
The legendary interview w/ Jay Dee on World Wide dating from Feb 2001, as he speaks on the making of the seminal Welcome 2 Detroit, his production work w/ Pharcyde, Common, Tip and other stories… a must listen. Happy Bday Dilla.
Awesome DJ mix from Derek Plaslaiko… a sort of tribute mix to Richie Hawtin
Hello, my name is Derek. The path that led me to working for Rich stems back to the mid-nineties from simply listening and dancing to his sets. Around 1997, we became closer from when I worked at Record Time and would sell him records. In 2002, I was brought on to be his travelling technical assistant and from then I worked on other projects for him in the years that followed. In 2010, I was brought to Berlin to work compiling content for richiehawtin.com.
For my Minus Connections podcast, I decided to do a one-take all vinyl mix using only records that I associate with Rich’s sets over the years. Some are obvious classics, while others maybe not so much. However, ALL of these selected tracks hold a very sweet spot in my heart, and provide countless memories of Richie playing them. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making it. Thanks!
Nice documentary short on the guys behind the SAFE events in Miami. Keeping it real in the other Plastic City
Download ☞ http://waxtreatment.de/podcast/038/
01. Sawlin: Sour Tear - Ann Aimee 017
02. Shadows: Distorted Images (Mike Parker Remix) - Avian 06
03. Adam Beyer & Lenk: Drum Code No. 1 (Planetary Assault Systems Remix 2) - Primate 019
05. Paul Johnson: U.F.O. - Djax-Up-Beats 163
07. Break The Limits: Hypnotizer - Break The Limits 01
08. Schizolectric: Neuro-Hologram - Audiofugitives 004
09. Steve Poindexter: Suburban Man - Djax-Up-Beats 165
10. Allen Wright: Talking Heads (1987 Reel 2 Reel Edit) - Muzique 007
11. Tim Harper: Orgasmic Space - Djax-Up-Beats 184
Intermission Mixtape for Recess NYC
A mix I made for the Recess NYC crew.
1. Raja - Crush Spell
2. Superstructure - X-Flame
3. Slum Village - Don’t Fight the Feeling (feat. Dwele)
4. Patrice Rushen - Remind Me
5. Dabrye - Magic Says
6. Shabaz Palaces - Swerve
7. Dibiase - Genie in the Sky
8. Elzhi - Come Get It
9. Dabrye - Hot Mating Ritual
10. Shigeto - And We Gonna (Samiyam Remix)
11. Shigeto - Ann Arbor Part 3 & 4
Solid. Claro Intelecto - Peace of Mind.
Dig this song. Cool video with the producers.